Zelenskyi reacts to Russian strike on central Pechenihy that kills 10 and injures 17 with Banderol drones
According to the regional head, Russian troops attacked Pechenihy in the Chuhuiv district on the morning of August 18. The strike hit the central part of the settlement, where people were present. He said the Russian attack damaged:
At the time, he reported that the Russian attack had killed 10 people. Eight other residents were injured.
At the same time, President Volodymyr Zelenskyi also said that 10 people had been killed in the attack. Many other residents were injured.
As of now, we know about 10 people killed. My condolences to their families and loved ones. Many people were injured, and they are receiving all necessary medical assistance," the head of state said.
According to Zelenskyi, rescuers have already extinguished the fire, and all emergency and operational services continue working at the scene. Authorities are clarifying all the circumstances of the tragedy.
"We will definitely respond to this Russian strike. And it is equally important that our partners also supplement our fair kinetic responses with their own steps to put pressure on Russia and support Ukraine," the president wrote.
Viktor Zabashta, director of the Emergency Medical Care Center, said on Suspilne Studio that 14 of the 17 injured people were taken to hospitals. Medics treated the other injured people directly at the scene.
According to Zabashta, some of the injured suffered burns and shrapnel wounds. Some victims are in serious condition.
As Rubryka reported, the strike hit the central part of the settlement, where shops, a cafe, and a post office are located. Oleksandr Husarov, head of the Pechenihy community, said two Banderol drones struck the settlement. Both hits occurred in the central part of the locality, about 50 meters apart. One of the strikes hit a cafe.
Debris removal is still ongoing at the attack site, so the final number of dead and injured may still change.
Background
As Rubryka reported, the occupiers also attacked Verbivka in the Kharkiv region twice. The first strike caused fires in two private households and outbuildings. It also damaged a power line. After the second strike, vegetation caught fire in a park area.
In addition, five people, including a child, were injured in Izium in the Kharkiv region as a result of an overnight enemy attack.
- Last
- August, 18
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
News by day
19 of August 2026