Thailand's Coin-eating Turtle Dies of Blood Poisoning 1 234 567

Thailand's Coin-eating Turtle Dies of Blood Poisoning

voanews.com

A 25-year-old sea turtle in Thailand who swallowed nearly a thousand coins tossed by tourists seeking good luck died Tuesday, two weeks after having surgery to remove the coins from its stomach.

The cause of death was blood poisoning from the loose change, said Dr. Achariya Sailasuta, a professor at the veterinary faculty at Bangkok's Chulalongkorn University.

"She at least had the chance to swim freely and eat happily before she passed," said Dr. Nantarika Chansue, who...

Full news

Share:

More:

1 234 567

1 234 567

1 234 567

1 234 567

1 234 567

1 234 567